Sunday 3 July 2011

Tableau of the week...

A few lunchtimes back I popped into a mini market round the corner from my flat. As I turned into an aisle I almost collided with two nuns in full habits standing side by side, puzzling over a tin.

One was in her 60s and very slight. The other was a head taller than me and built a little bit like a rubgy player. The taller one waved over the guy at the checkout, who until then had been perched on a stool looking glazed.

The three of them eventually tracked down the product the nuns had been looking for. When the nuns approached the check out, a woman with a laden shopping trolley (who had been queueing quietly) stood aside to let them pass. They nodded at her and went straight up to pay. It was all quite Almodovaresque.

No comments:

Post a Comment