Sunday 17 January 2010

Up...


The first warm-ish day this year yesterday, warm enough to be comfortable in a long-sleeved t-shirt. Quite a novelty after a month of having to wear several layers in order to go out (or be in a flat with inconsistent heating)

I join 2 friends to go climbing in some hills about 30 minutes' drive out of the city, and learn technical words for things that prevented us falling off the rock face, including the special shoes you have to wear that help you to grip. In Spanish they're called Pies de Gato, or 'Cat feet', which I liked.

We go to a restaurant famed to serve the best pizza in the world. According to who I'm not sure, but this pizza was definitely the most beautiful I have ever seen. The flowers were edible. I tried a petal, which had the texture of tender baby spinach and was slightly sweet on the tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment